Thursday, December 20, 2007

Forget Me

"Instead of worrying about my clothes/I could be somebody that no one knows."

There's a link underneath the login field on the MSN homepage that says "Forget Me." I love that link, I'm always tempted to click it. Forget me -- forget what I said, forget what I did, forget my face and the sound of my voice. I used to be slightly obsessed with the film "Memento," mainly because it seemed morbidly appealing to wake up each day in an anonymous state. No past, no guilt, no responsibility, no shame. No weighty self-judgements. No links to the past. I think that's what I like about hotel rooms as well. Anonymous. I sleep really well in hotels.

Of course, in light of the present that would be awful, as a reality. I'm not asking for it. What do I have to complain about? Nothing.

I'm having one of those days when I pray for a brain that is quiet, and pray that I can just keep my mouth shut between now and when I finally get to bed. I'm just tired of me. Not of my life. It's not a big deal.

No comments: