Saturday, December 20, 2008

gratitude

And then there are the times when, in the space of just a few hours, your outlook shifts in minute but profound ways. And nothing really changes, except the way you feel about things - your nearness to someone, your distance from someone else. It's hard to tell whether the change is for the better, or for worse -- but it's a change, and sometimes that's what's needed.

There's a stack of bills next to my laptop, cramping my holiday style. One of them is an uncomfortable credit card balance. There's a ton of snow on the roads and my son is in bed with a bellyache.

And yet, and yet, a little something happened yesterday that brightens my world a bit. Just a little something, but I'm grateful for it. It's not a solution, not a resolution of any kind, more of a distraction really. And that's just what I need at the moment.

No comments: