Friday, November 23, 2007

sucked into hulu with you

So here it is, 2am the morning after Turkey Day, and I've been sucked into Hulu watching reruns of "WKRP In Cincinnati" and recent episodes of "30 Rock." Following links on the MSN homepage always seems to be a mistake. And what a juxtaposition of shows. Though there are some weird similarities between Gary Sandy ("Andy Travis" on WKRP) and the aging Alec Baldwin...
I used to read the transcripts for "Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip" at Television Without Pity, and they always read funny; but I never got around to watching it, and my current fav is a British rip-off of "The West Wing" titled "The Amazing Mrs. Pritchard." I like Sorkin, just not enough to get excited about a TV show about a TV show. Obviously, "30 Rock" is a little too hip for me -- actually my tolerance for satire is just incredibly low. Though there are some great lines in there -- "Did he just talk to me like I'm ugly??" I'm not even hip enough for the title -- "30 Rock' makes me start looking around for John Lithgow. But hey, Jane Curtain was on that show too...
All of this is to say that I'm so out, I'm in. Why watch the popular new shows on the network's schedule when you can just dip into them any old time online? Heck, even my husband hangs out on YouTube. Hulu is the Cliff Notes of TV culture.

No comments: