Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Tuesday, the day of rest

Back at work after a really satisfying day off. Did some sewing, blogged, bought some furniture at Pier One (and finally convinced someone to give me the shelving pegs they shorted me a year ago.) Cleaned my house, did laundry, sewed some more. Slight fracas with the husband later in the evening -- a snoring-related thing, he'd rather I didn't sleep on the couch and I'd rather he bought some Breathe-Right strips -- but otherwise a successful 24 hours.

My son is really, really into bugs lately. So much so that he sleeps with one of two large plastic insects every night -- that's right, not a teddy bear, but a big squishy rubber beetle of the type you don't want to see in your child's BED. Though sometimes he prefers the oversized housefly. I'm not the one buying these toys, ladies and gentlemen, but it makes the kid happy. He reads his bug books every day, and listens to the Musikgarten cd that just happens to feature instrumental interpretations of bug sounds and bird calls. Interestingly, he refused to go out in the backyard for the last three weeks of summer, because of gnats. And he still worries about the moth we saw in the back hallway at church several weeks ago. Face your fears, kiddo. If he can sleep with a disgusting rubber beetle, sooner or later he's bound to accept the gnat facts of life.

No comments: