Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Day Two



So here we are, on the second and last day of my mega-mini-break. I'm posting a couple shots of my work in progress, and then I'll have to hit the shower - a dentist appointment shortly after noon, in St. Paul, means I have to be at the bus stop by 11:30. Not that going the dentist is a relaxing thing by ANY means, unless I can convince my DDS to knock me out this time. But I've cancelled this appointment twice already, and they were able to work me in. It's fate. It's a filling. Whatever. It's an afternoon feeling like someone has konked me on the head.

In brighter realms -- I started a piece loosely inspired by Isaiah 40:6-8 -- "All people are grass." So far the background is in (fabric) and I've made a cardboard mock-up of the figure I'll soon create from fabric, just to see where and how the figure should be positioned. I'm feeling okay with it at this point, and if I don't get sidetracked by embellishments (always a hazard), I might even complete this piece in the next week or so.

No comments: