Wednesday, May 13, 2009

boo hoo hoo

Some people have cancer, have friends and family members with cancer. Some people are facing terrible choices. Some people are really alone, with no one to demonstrate their monthly insecurities to, no one to make their coffee or wash their dirty dishes. Some people have it way worse, and I should shut the hell up.

Some people are the people I love the most in the world, and I can't seem to make that clear enough to them to compensate for the dumb shit that I occasionally do. I wish I had something in me that would cure my kid's ailments, resolve my husband's insecurities, and communicate my love completely and effectively to everyone whom I adore. I wish there was a pill I could take that would give me these superpowers -- to solve people's problems, and make them feel adored (and let's face it, make them adore me to.) And yes, cure cancer, while I'm at it. At least one person at a time.

If you can't be a person of faith, try to act like one. ???

No comments: