Sunday, February 24, 2008

Diablo Cody deserved a better dress

and jewelry, and makeup...but hey, we can't all afford Versace. When she got the Oscar, she thanked her family for "loving her just as she is," which is a very un-hip but important thing to say. And she ignored Harrison Ford completely! Ha.

In less glamorous news...The Coen Brothers do it again. SO hey, big night for Minneapolis -- even the airport got a mention! Though of course the Coens were in NYC last I heard, and Cody reportedly likes LA so much she isn't coming back. I say 'less glamorous,' by the way, because those Coens wear rented suits. And do not pander. Even McDormand (whom I love) wore basic black and a no-nonsense demeanor. Good Minnesotans at the core, those Coens.

I'm afraid to see "No Country" though. Too much violence. And what about Tommy Lee Jones? I love HIM. He's in every third great picture that comes out, but I can't recall him ever winning an Oscar. Though I'll bet he makes good money. He's a guy who would just charm the pants off me in person, I know. Some girls say he ugly, but I don't mind.

This is all easier to write about than the "desire" piece, which is bumming me out right now. It lacks a little unity, at present.

No comments: