Saturday, February 9, 2008

more "Desire"


Shiver me timbers!
I just felt like saying it.
Finally got some solid work-time
in this evening -- feels GOOD.
Progress was made, with the flag
and some of the background movement. The corset-y feel of the piece is starting to leave, but could be revived if needed. The whole undersea/diving for pearls thing is starting to materialize for the "motivational" side of Desire... time to balance it out with a bit more of the greed/lust thing (though I have to respect the configuration of the negative space on the right.) I have some groovy little symbols and trinkets to add, as well as the pearls -- objects of desire, "pretty little things," stuff that moves a person physically. This piece isn't all that large though -- maybe 16x24" roughly -- so it will get crowded in a hurry if I ain't careful. Anyway, I'm itching to work it by hand -- do some beading and stitching on that plush velvet.

No comments: