Saturday, February 2, 2008

things that make me feel 40

And it's something quite peculiar
something shimmering and white
that leads you here, despite your destination
under the Milky Way tonight

Wish I knew what you were looking for
Might have known what you would find...

I get to yearning for this song every once in a while -- The Church. Oddly. Only hear it on the local oldies radio (for my generation, the eighties.) It just has such a visual impact, a narrative suggestion -- one of those songs I was obsessed with for a little while, for reasons pointless to articulate. An album I never traded up on, and have since lost the cassette.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNhR-PrTAFE
Here's a link for the somewhat less stellar video - real amateur stuff. But, those were the days when any music video was pretty fucking amazing.

No comments: